There are a lot of complex perceptions behind the terms “foster care” and “foster youth.” Today our guest Tori Hope Petersen is a foster care survivor, foster care advocate, foster parent.
Listen as she shares her story as a former youth in foster care and how faith, hope, and advocacy have taken root from her experience.
And make sure to follow my Instagram to enter the giveaway for a chance to win a copy of Fostered: One Woman’s Powerful Story of Finding Faith and Family through Foster Care.
- Tori’s personal experience in the foster system
- The power of just one person saying, “I’m going to see you as God sees you”
- Reasons why foster youth move foster homes
- How Tori was drawn to Jesus
- How she and her husband adopted their oldest son into their family
- The call on her life to write a memoir
- Ways the everyday person can support kids who come from hard places
Volunteer with CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate)
Volunteer with Big Brothers Big Sisters
Find the Podcast
Leave a Review
It would mean a lot to me if you took a moment to leave a review of Have Hope; Will Travel. Reviews are how other listeners find the show and how other guests know their stories will be safe here. Think of it as your part to helping us find fun guests (we also take recommendations if you have ideas of who or what perspective you want to hear on the show let me know on Instagram).