This is the first of a two-part conversation with Marla Taviano of White Girl Learning. In this episode, we’re going to talk about her life as a missionary in Cambodia, her divorce, and her deconstruction journey.
Later this fall we’ll share the other part of the conversation about being white women learning about race–why it matters and what we can do.
- Why Marla and her family moved to Cambodia
- What it was like to leave her oldest daughter in Cambodia when they flew on the last flight out in March 2020
- If Marla’s deconstructing was affected by her divorce
- The impact Rachel Held Evans had on both of us
- How she handles having written books she no longer agrees with
Find the Podcast
Connect with Marla
Leave a Review
It would mean a lot to me if you took a moment to leave a review of Have Hope; Will Travel. Not only do they make me feel good, reviews are how other listeners find the show and how other guests know their stories will be safe here. Think of it as your part in helping us find fun guests (we also take recommendations if you have ideas of who or what perspective you want to hear on the show let me know on Instagram).