It’s officially March, which means we’re getting hints of spring here in Minnesota, and it’s also Women’s History Month in the United States.
I think my conversation with Chris Bhadra is a great way to kick off Women’s History Month. Chris has her PhD, is a trained Indian contemporary dancer, writer, podcaster, and a self-admittedly horrible cook. Born in India, now living in Australia, Chris educates us about South Asian culture and shares her views about the nuanced struggles women face in this culture.
- The everyday battle for women to take on an empowering mindset
- The general attitudes of men in positions of power in South Asia
- How Chris chooses to confront gender inequality
- The differences of living in India and Australia
- The beauty of coming from a long cultural heritage
- Sustainable ways to help the world in the areas of religion, family, and society