Tanya and her husband were living outside of Atlanta with their two children when they began to dream about a different life.
They sold their house, left their stationary jobs, and moved their [then] four children onto a boat to set sail on a new adventure.
They’ve been sailing ever since 2008–raising and homeschooling now five children, traveling to a variety of countries, and living an outdoor lifestyle.
This week Tanya joins Have Hope; Will Travel podcast as we talk about:
- Why they chose to leave the American dream
- Some of the challenges of being seven people living on a 48-foot boat
- Some of the beautiful aspects of nautical life
- What to do about mail, driver’s licenses, and ice cream
- How they handle hurricane season
- How her faith has sustained her through this adventure
Tanya also wrote a book about their experiences and life lessons. You can find Leaving the Safe Harbor: The Risks and Rewards of Raising a Family on a Boat on Amazon and wherever you like to buy books (Pro tip: request it from your local bookstore). It’s on my to-read list and I’m pretty excited about it!
What’s something you’ve chosen to do even though you were scared? Hit reply or share in the comments.