Stephanie Freethy was a police officer in Houston, TX, for 13 years. In this week’s episode she’s willing to “go there” with us—to share her perspective as a white female cop, to talk about police brutality, and to offer an insider’s look at policing.
- What made you decide to become a police officer?
- Why did you leave the force after 13 years?
- What does discrimination look like?
- What do you wish the average public knew about police officers?
- Is there hope for the policing system? What would make it better?
- How do you take care of yourself in such a toxic work environment?
Connect with Stephanie
Connect with Stephanie at StephanieFreethy.com.
Find the Podcast
Leave a Review
It would mean a lot to me if you took a moment to leave a review of Have Hope; Will Travel. Reviews are how other listeners find the show and how other guests know their stories will be safe here. Think of it as your part to helping us find fun guests (we also take recommendations if you have ideas of who or what perspective you want to hear on the show let me know on Instagram).