We say it every week: your story matters. How you tell your story matters. What you believe about your story matters. This week’s guest is a storytelling consultant who shares about how she overcame sexual abuse and survived a childhood cult. She offers us some advice on how to alter our stories from trauma and hurt to healing and redemption.
- How did you recognize you were involved in a cult?
- What did the process of leaving look like?
- How was having been in a cult shaped your worldview?
- What has overcoming looked like?
- Why does sharing our story matter?
- How do we tell our stories in a way that’s honoring to all involved?
- Based on your experiences, what do you wish everyone knew?
Find the Episode
Connect with Mischelle
Find Mischelle at Alterstories.org.
Start a Conversation
Conversations like the ones you hear on Have Hope; Will Travel don’t have to be limited to a podcast. You can have them yourself. Let me help you get started with seven simple questions to start a conversation with someone in your world. Download them here.