This week we don’t just end another year. We end a decade. That’s a lot of time to recount and reflect on.
In this week’s episode of Have Hope; Will Travel, I reflect on my decade and invite you to do the same.
A new decade is a chance to step back and start fresh. Even if our situations haven’t changed, it’s an opportunity to invite God to do something different.
This episode offers some practical ways to reflect and move forward.
Pray and ask the Lord if there’s a single word, phrase, scripture, or quote that He wants you to use as a guiding anchor and focal point for the year.
2. Write a letter
Reflect on the year and write a letter as if it were a friend. Include things you’re thankful for, things that were challenging, and things hopeful for in the new year.
Reflect on some of the following questions:
- What was a moment of great joy in 2019?
- How did you learn from a hard moment this year?
- What are you proud of this year?
- Who enriched your life this year?
- What do you need to say good-bye to in order to end this year well?
- How do you want to start the new year?
- Who do you want to be at the end of 2020?
This could be food but doesn’t have to be limited there. Whatever is getting between you and God needs to be eliminated or have better boundaries.
I’d love to hear how you’re reflecting and looking forward. Drop a comment and let me know which of these activities has been most helpful to you!
If you prefer, a transcript is available so you can read this episode.