A few weeks ago when we started a Have Hope; Will Travel podcast series on encountering God, I don’t think any of us expected us to be needing it nearly as badly as we are: sheltered at home trying to stay safe during a pandemic.
Yet here we are.
And we are not alone.
We are all learning to pivot.
Grandparents are learning to navigate the internet, online shopping, and FaceTime.
Businesses are learning how to support employees working remotely.
Parents are learning how to be full-time employees and full-time teachers and child activity directors.
Churches are learning that we are more than our programming.
There are worship sessions streaming all across the internet.
Small group leaders are becoming pastoral counselors and toilet paper delivery services.
We’re hosting drive-ins, parades, and writing positive messages on sidewalks.
We’re ordering meals and getting them delivered to friends’ homes since we can’t be together.
We’re all in the same storm, but we’re not all in the same boat.
So today on Have Hope; Will Travel we celebrate the beauty that’s happening.
And we’re praying through the hard.
Listen to this week’s episode as we create space to help you encounter God through prayer.
Pray with us for:
- Front linters: healthcare workers, retail workers, janitors, truckers, essential businesses
- Those without jobs. Companies that are cutting back. Small business.
- Those who aren’t safe at home.
- Those who are always shut-in, in nursing homes, etc.
- Those hospitalized for COVID and for other reasons.
- Those separated from loved ones.
- Those who’ve lost loved ones.
- Those living in countries that don’t have the means to deal with this pandemic
- Those God’s placed on your heart to pray for.
Then spend some time yourself with the Lord.
Share a prayer request below to let us know how we can be praying for you.